Susan G. Komen is about to host the inaugural MORE THAN PINK Walk in Charlotte to raise funds to support breast cancer patients in our area. Charlotte is one of only a few cities in the U.S. with a patient navigator and this event will continue to fund the critical work that this team does. The Walk will be held on October 8, 2022, in Uptown Charlotte.
“We look forward to creating a community for anyone impacted by breast cancer as we gather, in person, for this year’s Walk. Funds raised from the MORE THAN PINK Walk will further our ability to meet the needs of patients by supporting Komen’s Patient Care Center’s Breast Care Helpline, Financial Assistance and Patient Navigation programs, and improve outcomes for all patients,” said, Kimberly Burrows, State Executive Director at Susan G. Komen.
Participants can expect the following at the Walk:
- Pre-walk warm up from Burn Bootcamp
- Pillar tents with activations from various sponsors on-site
- Survivor parade with recognition of MBC thrivers and breast cancer survivors
- Family Fun Zone with activities for all ages sponsored by Charlotte Pediatric Dentistry
- Hope Village, a place for survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer to gather
7:00 AM EVENT OPENS
8:30 AM OPENING CEREMONY
9:00 AM WALK