The state of North Carolina has just launched a massive new online job center that’s now being called ‘the best career information resource available on the internet‘.
This week, Governor Cooper announced the new website, NCcareers.org, as an integrated way for North Carolinians to explore careers and job opportunities throughout our state.
“North Carolinians need resources to navigate the quickly changing job market,” Governor Cooper said. “The new NCcareers.org helps people research the education and training options that lead them to find good, high paying jobs available right now across our state.”
As the state’s economy continues to adjust to the massive impact of COVID-19, companies and workers needs will continue to shift. The new site will give both parties the flexibility to explore new occupations and local job openings, and identify custom tailored education and training opportunities in new fields.
From exploring occupations to identifying #education and training opportunities, the new https://t.co/qIDv4E5FCj is a great tool for North Carolinians to navigate the quickly changing job market. #NCed #jobs pic.twitter.com/51duRmDaoI
— HigherEdWorks (@HigherEdWorks) July 16, 2020
The data on the new site is laid out in a easily navigated manner. One of the most liked sections of the site lets users easily identify:
- Wages – lower, middle and higher end wages are available for statewide as well as for 16 regions.
- Job duties – what a worker typically does in an occupation.
- Work Environment – does a worker typically work indoors or outdoors, work in teams or alone, or need to wear safety equipment, etc.
- Education and Training – What education level is typically required for work? What programs or majors will prepare you for a specific occupation and which NC schools offer the trainings?
- NCWorks Online Job Postings – You can directly access job postings on NCworks.gov with one click to see which employers are hiring.
- Short videos from CareerOneStop show users what a typical day looks like for workers in their profession.
The new career site is now available at NCcareers.org.