America’s #2 Best Christmas Light Display has just officially turned on.
For the first time in 65 years, however, Christmas Town USA has significantly scaled back their annual festivities and decorations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the town of McAdenville announced massive changes for this year’s Christmas season, including cutting their tree lighting ceremony, the yule log parade, and making the Christmas Town 5K a virtual-only race.
They also noted they will have a revised lighting schedule and they will not be putting up any lights around Christmas Town lake.
Here is the official announcement from the town:
This year’s official changes include:
• Revised dates with lights turning on December 1st-26th
• Revised lighting schedule with lights only turning on 5:30-10 p.m. nightly
• No lights at Christmas Town Lake
• Christmas Town 5K as a virtual race
• No Tree Lighting Ceremony
• No Yule Log Parade
In spite of the town’s public reductions, private homes around McAdenville still have some of the most impressive Christmas light displays in the entire Charlotte region:
What do you think about their changes?