CommercialCafe’s newest report, which ranks the country’s top 50 largest office property transactions of 2022, was just released, showing Charlotte’s biggest sale last year was also one of the biggest in the nation.
The transaction data for the most expensive office deals of 2022 for properties larger than 25,000 feet is based on data compiled by CommercialEdge that was extracted on January 30, 2023.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Charlotte’s $206 million sale of The Line property ranked as the nation’s 44th priciest office deal closed in 2022.
- The 305,000-square-foot property was sold by Portman Holdings to CBRE Investment Management in the second quarter of 2022.
- North Carolina claims 4 of the 50 U.S. priciest office deals of 2022. Besides Charlotte’s The Line, there are: Raleigh’s Bloc  (Portfolio) which ranked 23rd after being sold for $326 million, Durham’s Park Point (Portfolio) – ranked 30th – which had a total sale price of $288 million, and Research Triangle Park’s Syngenta RTP Innovation Center (ranked 42nd) with a total sale price of $213 million.
- At a regional level, there was a total of 14 deals from the Southern region that made the list, the highest of which being the 601 Massachusetts Avenue NW property in Washington, D.C., which sold at a total sale price of $531 million.
- At a national level, 2022’s priciest office deals were the 245 Park Avenue sale in New York and the Alexandria Center at Kendall Square – 100 Binney Street in Cambridge, MA, both surpassing the $1 billion threshold in total sales prices.
You can find additional information about this topic, as well as the complete list of the 50 major U.S. office deals of 2022 ranked by sales volume, in our full report: https://www.commercialcafe.