If you’re a super mom who manages everything, from household chores, budgeting, groceries, to fetching your children from school, it seems impossible to earn money having a full-time or part-time job nowadays. However, things have changed since the introduction of digital technologies.
Moms who are bound at home can start an online business and earn extra money to pay the bills or for shopping household items, gifts, or children’s toys. It’s also an excellent way to start saving for your children’s future. Continue reading below to find out the top ten online home businesses you can try.
- Freelance Writing Business
As a mom, you can share your knowledge and expertise by starting a freelance writing business. As a freelance writer, you can search for clients online, such as parenting blog owners or websites needing a ghostwriter.
Content writing services are most sought to increase web traffic or encourage more visitors to visit a website, improve lead generation rate, and site ranking. For more details, click here.
Here’s how you can start a freelance writing business:
- Determine your niche or field of interest.
- Prepare a sample and original written output or article.
- Check writing job portals or websites, like Indeed, Fiverr, and Upwork.
- Submit a project proposal based on your topics of interest and writing skills.
- Practice using online writing tools, such as Grammarly, LSIGraph, and Copyscape.
- Online Store
If you have lots of old clothes, unwanted home decors, toys, furniture, or appliances, you can start selling online through major marketplaces, like eBay. Once you learn how online selling works, it’s a good idea to run an online store.
Here are some tips on how a full-time mom can earn extra money selling online:
- Create DIY art and crafts if you have a knack for artistic designs.
- If you love sewing, you can design and create tutu dresses for girls using colorful fabrics sold cheaply on textile stores. List “custom order” or sell “ready-to-wear” tutu dresses with a free size.
- Sell DIY fashion jewelry using beads, clay, or semi-precious stones.
- Offer Virtual Assistance Services
Virtual assistance services include data entry, email responding, phone or chat support, and any other administrative tasks. If you prefer to work part-time, you can take small and easy-to-do functions like data entry, which doesn’t require time tracking or working straight for several hours.
Here are the advantages of being a virtual assistant:
- Work anywhere during your free time or once your children are asleep or in school.
- Virtual assistance services are in-demand nowadays, offering a good salary.
- Meet new clients and keep them for your future virtual assistance services company.
- Learn new skills as clients offer free or even paid training.
- Social Media Services
One of the highest-paying online jobs is a social media expert. Social media networks make money because advertisers and business owners use social media platforms to promote products and services due to their popularity and reach.
Here are some tips to help you increase your knowledge and skills as a social media expert:
- Take social media training and certification, such as Facebook Ad Certification or Instagram Online Courses.
- Start working as a social media expert associate to learn the ins and outs of the business.
- Read social media marketing blogs, articles, tutorials, and videos like the ones in YouTube.
- Multimedia Online Business
Selling digital products are becoming increasingly popular because of digital technologies. You can create and offer digital products through major marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. It involves a low amount of capital, and the profit is promising.
Here are some examples of digital products and services you can sell online:
- Infographics: It’s a combination of image and textual content in a JPEG, PDF, or PNG format that is suitable for social media advertising or used in websites to promote products and services.
- Photos: Open an account at Shutterstock and post your professionally-taken photos.
- Ebooks: A writer mom can also sell ebooks in Amazon through the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. These can be children’s stories you tell and share with your children, which you wrote on your own.
- Affiliate Marketing Business
Affiliate marketing involves promoting products and services through different digital marketing channels. Once a customer clicks on the affiliate link and buys a product or avails of a service, you get a commission.
Here are the things you need to do to start an affiliate marketing business:
- Create a website.
- Find affiliates or affiliate partners, like Amazon and Clickbank.
- Create informative and engaging web content.
- English Tutoring Business
If you know foreign neighbors or you have foreign friends, you can offer English tutoring services. The pay rate starts $5 per hour, which is not bad for a part-time job. If you want to make it a full-time business, you can create your website offering such services, and link it to social media networks to reach more clients.
- Research Work
If you’re good at researching, analyzing data, and making sound interpretations, you can work as a virtual researcher. It can be a part of a virtual assistance services business, too. Many business owners from Asia, like Chinese businessmen, prefer native English speakers to do research work for the Western market.
- Online Tutorials and Courses
Are you good at cooking or baking? Or you might be good in hair styling or designing clothes? Do you love to share your experiences with others? You can start an online tutorial or short-course business and still pursue your passion.
Start by uploading videos online such as YouTube to gain base followers. Create your YouTube channel and reach the viewing and subscription requirements to start getting video monetization from advertisers.
- Blogging Business
Having your blog is a fulfilling experience as a mother. It is a way to share your best parenting skills, too. While you can create blogs for various topics, it’s always advisable to stick to your topics of interest. Later on, you can start incorporating affiliate marketing to earn higher revenue.
It’s now possible to work at home by setting up an online business. All you need is a stable internet connection and a laptop. One thing you have to remember is to always keep yourself abreast with new skills, most especially in digital marketing, to open more doors of opportunities for you. By doing so, you can enjoy taking care of your family while earning extra money online.