The Cheerwine Festival is returning this year for one of the biggest ‘Carolina’ celebrations of the year.
The free event is set to take place, Saturday, May 18, in downtown Salisbury from 12pm to 10pm, and will be celebrating both Cheerwine as well as all other things that make the Carolinas great.
“We have the best fans around, and we can’t thank them enough for ‘spreading the cheer’ for generations by introducing Cheerwine to their friends and family,” said Joy Harper, head of marketing for Cheerwine and the great-great-granddaughter of Cheerwine’s founder. “This party is a celebration of our loyal fans, our home state and all of the people who’ve helped make Cheerwine the iconic beverage it is today.”
The festival will include tons of Carolina BBQ, local beer, live music, and more. At the free event, attendees will enjoy:
· Free Cheerwine samples and commemorative koozies.
· Live Music from hit 90s band “Smash Mouth”, along with NC’s Livehouse and StellaRising, and Nashville-based The Southern Gothic
· Food from Cheerwine’s partners and friends, including Krispy Kreme (fresh doughnuts made in its “Hot Now Mobile Store”), Bojangles, Fatz Café, Biscuitville, Cackalacky (which makes a “Cheerwine Sweet Sauce”) and King of Pops (which will offer a Cheerwine-flavored popsicle).
· Biergarten with N.C. craft beer, featuring The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and New Sarum Brewing Company.
· Family-Friendly Kids’ Zone, with magicians, jugglers, rock climbing wall, obstacle course, slides, bounce house, lawn games and more.
For more details on the festival, visit cheerwinefest.com.