Never underestimate the power of high heels, especially when those heels help raise awareness about gendered violence and sexual assault.
A fun, iconic Charlotte event, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 2019 will be held Saturday, April 27, at NoDa Brewing Company, 2921 N. Tryon St. Registration opens at 9 a.m.; walk begins at 10 a.m. Registration is $25 for men and $10 for women; register online today.
Not sure about walking an entire mile in high-heeled shoes? This year’s event will feature a half-mile bailout—sponsored by Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC—that will allow men to ditch their heels for more comfortable shoes at the halfway mark. Pre-registration for the bailout will be available online beginning Tuesday, April 23, at 10 a.m.
Other Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® highlights will include TIN Kitchen® food truck fare; a glam booth/selfie station; tunes with DJ Betty; and Woody and Wilcox of 106.5’s “The Woody and Wilcox Show” fame behind the mic. NoDa Brewing Co. will host an after-party with live music and an awards ceremony for walk participants. Walkers and guests can share photos and posts at the event using the hashtag #walkamileclt.
We’re proud to announce the following Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® sponsors:
- Stiletto Level: Rosedale Infectious Diseases PLLC, NoDa Brewing Co.
- Half-Mile Bailout Sponsor: Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC
- Awards Sponsor: Identiti Resources
- Registration Sponsor: Great Clips
- Platform Level: The Blind Pig; FOX Sports; BHL Services
- First Aid Station: Carolinas College of Health Sciences
- Wedge Level: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated; Herrmann & Murphy, PLLC; NoDa Company Store; Sea Level NC; Mythic; Urban Skin; Heart Beats as One Foundation
- Pump Level: SouthEnd Dentistry
Visit www.safealliance.org/walkamile to register, donate or learn more about the event.