NC Governor Roy Cooper just announced that our state is about to transition into “Phase 2.5” this coming Friday at 5pm amid a continuing global pandemic.
“Safer at Home Phase 2.5 continues our state’s dimmer switch approach to easing some restrictions,” said Cooper. “We can do this safely only if we keep doing what we know works — wearing masks and social distancing. In fact, a new phase is exactly when we need to take this virus even more seriously.”
What “Phase 2.5” means for North Carolina residents is the following:
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.
Read the Executive Order here.
Read the Secretarial Order here.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions here.
What do you think about the decision to move to ‘Phase 2.5’?