Charlotte Premium Outlets, Concord Mills, SouthPark Mall, and Goodwill announced Wednesday a host of unique back-to-school activations that will help students and parents alike get excited for the start of a new school year.
In collaboration with Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont, Charlotte Premium Outlets, Concord Mills and SouthPark Mall invite shoppers from August 8-26 to drop off their denim-exclusive clothing including jeans, jackets, shirts, skirts and more to be recycled as part of the “Do Good With Denim” drive. Individuals can promote their donations and encourage others to do the same by using the #dogoodwithdenim hashtag on their social channels. More details on the denim drive and each property’s events below:
Charlotte Premium Outlets:
WHAT: Back to School Bash at Charlotte Premium Outlets
- On August 20, shoppers are encouraged to come out to Charlotte Premium Outlets for a family-friendly Back to School Bash ahead of a new school year! While making their back-to-school purchases, shoppers can enjoy onsite live music and a DJ, cotton candy, ice cream, face painting and more to soak up those last days of summer.
- And, shoppers who spend $250 at select retailers will get $20 in Simon rewards to spend at their convenience! You can find participating retailers at Charlotte Premium’s website or social pages.
- Throughout the month, the center will also be running some social media contests and giveaways. Make sure to follow @charpremoutlets on Instagram or visit https://www.facebook.com/charlottepremiumoutlets for details!
Plus, Charlotte Premium Outlets encourages shoppers to bring any type of denim apparel items to the Do Good With Denim drive. Shoppers can recycle their used denim at Guest Services in Market Hall and the first 75 donors will receive a Simon-branded backpack filled with school supplies.
- Denim Drive: August 8-26, drop off donations at Guest Services during center hours
- Back to School Bash: August 20, noon – 4 p.m.
WHERE: 5404 New Fashion Way, Charlotte, NC 28278
WHAT: Do Good With Denim at Concord Mills
Concord Mills shoppers can clean out their closets and be good to the planet all in one day by bringing any type of denim apparel items to Simon Guest Services during mall hours August 8-26! Donors will receive a back-to-school swag bag while supplies last and access to Simon’s digital coupon book worth over 40 offers totaling hundreds of dollars in savings!
WHEN: August 8-26
WHERE: Drop off donations at Guest Services during mall hours; 8111 Concord Mills Boulevard, Concord, NC 28027
WHAT: New Year, New Vibes for Back To School at SouthPark Mall
- On August 26, SouthPark will hold a back-to-school shopping event in Center Court where kids can deck out their new backpacks at a fun backpack swag tagging station with beads, keychains and more! Smiley G, the Goodwill mascot, will also be onsite from 1-3 p.m.
- Shoppers can refuel after a long day of shopping with cookies from Suarez Bakery and make memories (aka take selfies) at the blue jean backdrop photo station complete with colorful balloons!
- SouthPark employees will also be delivering “Teacher Emergency Kits” with all the BTS SOS goodies like wipes, hand sanitizer and Advil to teachers at Sharon Elementary as they get ready to welcome back students later in the month.
SouthPark shoppers can bring any type of denim apparel items to Guest Services August 8-26. The first 50 donors will receive a Simon-branded backpack stocked with school supplies! Bring your donation during the August 26 event for a chance to win a Chick-fil-a gift card!
- Denim Drive: August 8-26, drop off donations at Guest Services during mall hours
- Back-to-School Event: August 26, 1-3 p.m.
WHERE: 4400 Sharon Rd, Charlotte, NC 28211