Great news for anyone living on the East Side of Lake Norman – CATS has launched their new ‘MetroRAPID’ program in northern Mecklenburg County.
The new program allows buses to travel at high rates of speed down I-77 on the toll lanes, allowing for much faster commute times during rush hours.
The new MetroRAPID bus routes include:
MetroRAPID 48X: Northcross Express
- Serving the Northcross Park and Ride
MetroRAPID 53X: Northlake Express
- Serving the Northlake Park and Ride via Lakeview Direct Connect;
- Ridge Road Park and Ride
MetroRapid 63X: Huntersville Express (new)
- Serving the Huntersville-Gateway Park and Ride via Hambright Direct Connect and Statesville Road
MetroRAPID 77X: North Mecklenburg Express
- Serving the Cornelius Park and Ride (replaces service on the 48X)
- Davidson-Gateway Park and Ride
The price of MetroRAPID is $3 per one way route, which is the same as CATS’ express fare. Riders won’t have to pay any additional cost to use the I-77 lanes, which could save riders up to $10 per day and over $3,000 a year.
What do you think about the new ‘MetroRAPID’ program?