On Saturday, Feb. 23, the 19th Annual Art With Heart Auction will continue its tradition of showcasing some of the nation’s most talented artists while raising vital funds for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
WBTV News Anchor Maureen O’Boyle will be the auction emcee, and Jason Dolph will serve as auctioneer. The iconic auction will feature a silent and live auction with artwork donated by a variety of notable artists. As part of the auction, held 7-10 p.m. at the Elder Gallery of Contemporary Art in Charlotte, there will be an annual juried art competition open to all artists who donate original artwork to Art With Heart. Juror Sybil Godwin of Shain Gallery will review donations in all media forms; the winner will be named at the Feb. 23 event.
Since its inception in 2000, Art With Heart has collaborated with galleries and artists locally and across the globe to raise more than $1.8 million for Safe Alliance. Every dollar raised provides hope and healing to those impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault.
See the list below for the 2019 Art With Heart sponsors:
- Masterpiece Contributors: TIAA, WBTV with Maureen O’Boyle, M.C. and Jeff Pilon
- Collector Level: Allison Sprock Fine Art, Bank of America
- Artist Level: Allied Caster & Equipment, Case Design/Remodeling, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Darton Group, Milazzo Webb Law, Ed & Agnes Weisiger
- Enthusiast Level: Alair Homes – Lake Norman, Angela Knight Designs, Beacon Partners, Dozier Miller Law Group, Green Passport, Jabian Cares Foundation, Marks Family Foundation, Party Reflections, Plumides, Romano Johnson & Cacheris, P.A., The Keith Corporation, The Schneider Family, Tom Bush Law Group
- In Kind: Art Aspects, Jason Dolph, N.I. Fine Art Services, Johnson & Wales University
Visit www.safealliance.org/artwithheart to purchase VIP tickets, view available pieces and learn more about the event. Contact Art With Heart Chairwoman Amanda Cannavo firstname.lastname@example.org for information about featured artists and artwork.