Chiara Callahan of Charlotte understands how difficult and dangerous it is to leave an abusive relationship because she’s lived the experience. She found the strength to escape her abuser, and this year’s she’ll walk at Walk A Mile 2022 on May 14 to help fellow survivors access the resources they need.
“I walk not only for myself as a survivor but for all others to raise awareness about different types of abuse and help survivors find resources to find the strength to leave,” said Chiara, a Charlott.
Help Chiara raise awareness about life-saving resources for Mecklenburg County survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault by registering for the May 14 walk at 9 a.m. at NoDa Brewing Company in Charlotte. Your support brings hope and healing to survivors – our mission, and our passion.
We’re also proud to announce this year’s Walk A Mile sponsors:
- Presenting Sponsor: Covia
- Stiletto Level: Ally®, Great Clips®, NoDa Brewing Company
- Platform Level: Charlotte Turks; GM Financial; Jeff and Carol Klein; Moore & Van Allen, PLLC; Scope Anesthesia of North Carolina; Urban Skin RX®; William Blair
- Exclusive Level: BHL Services, Inc. (Silent Auction); Carolinas College of Health Sciences (First Aid Station); Carolina Custom (Water Station); Herrmann & Murphy, PLLC (1/2 Mile Pit Stop); Modern Legal (Why I Walk Series); Identiti
- Wedge Level: Childress Klein; Loeback & Brownlee, PLLC; Office Environments; Pulte Mortgage
- Pump Level: Carolina Door Specialties; The Common Market; High Tide Hospitality; NoDa Company Store; Pop Yachts and RVs; State Building Services
Visit https://walkamile.swell.gives to register to walk and start your fundraising campaign.