Cicchetti (pronounced “chee-KEH-tee”), a Venetian-style wine bar featuring Italian small dishes, is now open at the corner of E. Trade and N. College Streets in the Bank of America Corporate Center. In addition to the small-plate menu, Cicchetti features an all-world wine selection by the glass or bottle, beer, a full bar, and a curated low-alcohol-by-volume cocktail list.
The travel experiences of veteran Charlotte restaurateur Bader and the restaurants’ Operations Manager & Partner Briana Cohen inspired them to create this unique concept for Charlotte, an interpretation of the classic Venetian wine bar, or bacaro. At these casual and convivial spots, locals gather beginning in the late afternoon to enjoy glasses of wine alongside savory finger foods, or cicchetti, exquisite small bites that are Venice’s answer to Spanish tapas.
“Cicchetti was immediately welcomed on the local bar and dining scene,” stated Cohen. “Customers enjoyed it for everything from after-work or pre-dinner bites and drinks, to a leisurely meal of small Italian dishes over wine with friends, to an evening nightcap and snacks. Bringing Cicchetti back is a satisfying and encouraging step forward.”
Cicchetti seats 75 customers at cocktail tables with chairs, settees, and banquettes, as well as its central bar. The space is also available for private event bookings. Beverage Director & General Manager Trevor Wood plans to reinvigorate Cicchetti’s wine tasting and education events as well.
Hours of operation are Tuesday-Thursday, 5-9 PM, and Friday-Saturday, 5-10 PM. Cicchetti offers validated parking in the Bank of America Center parking garage, as well as complimentary valet parking on Friday and Saturday after 6 PM at the corner of N. College at E. Trade. Reservations are accepted via telephone and OpenTable.
Executive Chef Alex Piatt oversees the Cicchetti menu with Chef de Cuisine and fellow Johnson & Wales graduate Kelsey Norgaard. Examples of the shareable plates include:
- A variety of Polpette (meatballs), including beef, crispy salted cod, and chicken
- Bruschetta options such as Prosciutto with black kale pesto; Tuna Conserva with caperberry and preserved lemon; Deviled Egg with speck and picked shallots; and Roasted Leeks with pistachios and goat cheese
- Tins + Chips, a selection of tinned seafood served with chips and hot sauce, including Cockles, Mussels, Octopus, and Sardines
- Bocconcini small bites, such as:
- Fried Oysters with puttanesca aioli
- Polenta Fries with pecorino and black truffle aioli
- Octopus with potato and olive & arugula salad
- Bresaola (cured beef) with arugula & Parmesan salad
- Antipasti for 2+, with options of cured meats, cheeses, and vegetables
- Desserts, including:
- Zeppole – crisp vanilla doughnuts with seasonal sugo
- Spumoni Bomba – chocolate, strawberry and pistachio gelato dipped in dark chocolate
- Unique and savory Cookies such as walnut/cranberry/orange; chocolate/pine nut; and olive oil/sea salt