The financial website 24/7 Wallstreet has just released the ranking of 2019’s top suburbs in each state and one of Charlotte’s favorite towns came out on top.
The company named Weddington as the top suburb in North Carolina.
To determine the rankings, they analysed a weighted index of the following 10 measures;
- Median home values
- Median number of rooms in occupied housing units
- Unemployment rates
- Average travel times to work
- Median household incomes
- Homeownership rates
- Poverty rates
- Number of violent crimes reported per 100,000 residents
- Number of property crimes reported per 100,000 residents
- Access to places for physical activity
Weddington’s most significant factors included;
> Population: 10,388
> Median household income: $133,262 (165% higher than state median)
> Homeownership rate: 98.0%
> Avg. commute time: 31.0 minutes
> Metropolitan area: Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia
What do you think about the ranking?
Do agree that Weddington is the best in North Carolina?