The I-77 Mobility Partners have now decided to give I-77 drivers a tiny break…after they jump through a few hoops.
According to a new policy, motorists can drive on the HOV sections of the toll lanes for free if they;
- Have at least 3 passengers in their car
- Purchase an NC Quick Pass Transponder
- Declare your express lane status via transponder switch
- Download the NC Quick Pass App
- Place the Quick Pass sticker on your car
- Press toll lane button on app at least 15 minutes before traveling into a toll lane
The I-77 Mobility Partners website also notes that “Although motorcycles do not require a passenger, they must have a properly-mounted NC Quick Pass attached to the bike in order to use the express lanes for free.”
The full length of the I-77 toll lanes are expected to be open by the end of October.