The Anne Springs Close Greenway recently announced that the popular Greenway Summer Concert Series would return for the 2021 season, beginning a month earlier than in previous years and running through July. Held every Thursday beginning at 6:00pm, the eight annual concert series will resume after a hiatus in 2020. Each evening draws a large crowd to enjoy talented bands from across the region and beautiful sunset views of the Greenway.
Concerts take place at the Comporium Amphitheater, a popular Greenway venue that features lawn-style seating beneath a shady tree canopy. Gates open at 5:30p.m. with music beginning at 6:00 and ending by 9:00.
This summer’s lineup features:
· Next Level Band of Charlotte (Variety) on May 6;
· Late Night Special (Pop/Rock/Soul) on May 13;
· Diamond and Whiskey (Southern Rock) on May 22;
· Gal Friday (Country/Pop/Rock/Bluegrass) on May 27;
· Natty Boh Duo (Acoustic) on June 3;
· The Hitmen (Variety) on June 10;
· 70’s Kids (70’s Tribute) on June 17;
· Todd Johnson & The Revolvers (Classic Rock) on June 24;
· KRVE (Variety) on July 1;
· U-Phonik (Classic/Hard Rock) on July 8;
· Who Rescued Who (Variety) on July 15;
· Coming Up Brass (Variety) on July 22;
· Terence Young Experience (Jazz/R&B) on July 29
“The Greenway Summer Concert Series has grown exponentially since it began in 2013, and we are excited to welcome back a few crowd favorites, as well as new groups to the series line-up,” said Mina McLean MacDonald, Community Events Coordinator. “The weekly concerts provide the perfect backdrop for families and friends to enjoy good music in a beautiful, natural setting.”
Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and picnics for their enjoyment. Concerts are free for Greenway members; daily visitor fees apply for non-members ($6/adult and $4 ages 5-12). Special event parking is $5 per car, with special event parking passes available for purchase at $35.
Concerts take place at Comporium Amphitheater, 291 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Beer, wine and soda will be available for purchase. No glass or outside alcohol allowed. Food trucks vary by date. Well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome to attend. Visit ASCGreenway.org/Events for more details.