Domestic violence cuts across all socioeconomic levels. Physician Maureen L. Beurskens, MD, NCMP, has seen this too often in her work, and it’s why she continues to support Safe Alliance’s Fighting For Women With Fashion fundraiser on March 25.
“No one in need of Safe Alliance’s services should have to go without,” said Beurskens, co-chair of the event’s Planning Committee and Host Committee member. “Host Committee members have worked in tandem with Safe Alliance to hold Fighting For Women With Fashion so that the agency’s important work can be carried out.”
Now in its 10th year, Fighting For Women With Fashion raises awareness and life-saving funds for Mecklenburg County survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Emceed by WSOC-TV’s Erica Bryant, this year’s evening of fashion and fundraising starts at 7 p.m. on a virtual platform that provides an immersive experience, giving the event an in-person feel. Guests will be able to explore the “virtual venue,” network, view sponsor and event messaging, and more.
Planning Committee Co-Chair and attorney Lisa Hoffman considers Fighting For Women With Fashion an essential way to “educate the community about the mission of Safe Alliance and raise money to help the agency provide resources and hope to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.”
Event tickets are limited; purchase yours today: www.fwf2021.givesmart.com. VIP tickets (almost sold out) are $40 and General Admission tickets are $15. VIP tickets include early access to view the week-long silent auction and delivery of a VIP gift bag (and a bottle of wine) prior to the event.
Fighting For Women With Fashion is a collaboration among the Women Physicians Section of the Mecklenburg County Medical Society, the Women Lawyers of Charlotte, and Safe Alliance. Sponsors for the 10th annual event include:
- Brocade Level: Atrium Health and Scope Anesthesia of North Carolina
- Runway Level: Moore & Van Allen
- Satin Level: Charlotte OB/GYN; GM Financial; Mecklenburg County Medical Society; Reproductive Endocrinologist Associates of Charlotte (REACH); and Robinson Bradshaw
- Linen Level: Arthritis & Osteoporosis Consultants of the Carolinas; Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte Skin & Laser; Daimler Trucks North America; Knox Law Center; Novant Health Pulmonary and Critical Care; Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, PLLC; and Women Lawyers of Charlotte
- Friends of the Event: Alexander Ricks, LLP, and Orsbon & Fenninger, LLP
Visit the www.safealliance.org/fashion to learn more about this year’s event. For more information, email email@example.com or call 704.367.2713.