Charlotte is a city full of culture and diversity. From the arts district to the sports stadiums, there is always something to do in this vibrant city. Whether you are visiting for a weekend or you have called Charlotte home for years, we have put together a list of our 10 favorite fun things to do in Charlotte!
Indeed, there is a lot more that can be done than the activities that we have mentioned below, including the possibility to enjoy a crypto wagering session in your spare time. In fact, you can click here if you want to find out more information regarding this particularly interesting pastime if it is something that you are not yet familiar with.
Without further ado, let’s explore some of the fun things to do when in the Queen City!
- Visit the Mint Museum Uptown: This museum is one of the most popular in Charlotte, and for good reason! With a permanent collection that features works by Alexander Calder and Andy Warhol, as well as rotating exhibitions, there is always something new to see at the Mint Museum Uptown.
- Stroll through Freedom Park: Freedom Park is one of Charlotte’s most beloved green spaces. Spanning nearly 100 acres, the park is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a picnic lunch with friends. And, during the summer months, don’t miss the chance to catch a concert at the park’s amphitheater.
- Explore the Charlotte Nature Museum: The Charlotte Nature Museum is a great place to take kids for an afternoon of fun. With hands-on exhibits and live animals, the museum is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- Spend a day at Carowinds: Carowinds is Charlotte’s premier amusement park. With more than 100 rides and attractions, there is something for everyone at Carowinds. And, don’t forget to cool off in the water park on hot summer days!
- Catch a game at Bank of America Stadium: Bank of America Stadium is home to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and MLS’s Charlotte FC. Whether you’re cheering on the Panthers or catching an international soccer match, a game at Bank of America Stadium is sure to be a fun time.
- See a show at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center: The Blumenthal Performing Arts Center is one of Charlotte’s premier venues for live entertainment. From Broadway shows to concerts, there is always something exciting happening at the Blumenthal.
- Visit the Levine Museum of the New South: The Levine Museum of the New South is dedicated to telling the story of post- Civil War Charlotte and the New South. With interactive exhibits and a variety of public programs, the Levine Museum is a great way to learn about Charlotte’s history.
- Take a walk through Historic Latta Plantation: Latta Plantation is a living history museum that tells the story of life on a plantation in the 1800s. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the plantation house and grounds or participate in one of the many educational programs offered by the museum.
- Explore the McColl Center for Art + Innovation: The McColl Center for Art + Innovation is a contemporary art center that offers studio space for artists, as well as public programming and exhibitions. The McColl Center is a great place to see new and innovative artwork from Charlotte’s talented artists.
- Have fun at Discovery Place Science: Discovery Place Science is an interactive science museum that is perfect for kids and adults alike. With hands-on exhibits and live demonstrations, Discovery Place Science is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
As you can see, there is plenty to do and see whilst in Charlotte! Hopefully, you will be able to love this area of North Carolina as much as we do!