When it comes to the institutes of hotel and restaurant management, students are always interested in two important questions: accreditation of the University of Hospitality and the world ranking of universities of hospitality. It is considered that the Swiss hospitality institutes Glion University, Le Roche University, and the Lausanne School are the best. After all, it is true that these universities offer high-level education in the country, the ancestor of the hotel and restaurant management industry.
So, in this article, we present the best universities of hospitality, which will launch your successful international career in the industry of hotel, restaurant management, tourism, and luxury. Graduating from these universities opens up a lot of opportunities for students. However, it is not an easy task to accomplish all the university’s assignments. For this reason, many students get a tutor, consult their peers, or use essay helper to improve their grades.
Along with the rapid development of the hotel and restaurant management industry or the hospitality industry, the demand for training in this area is growing. Every year, new programs are opened at the universities of the hotel industry, which fully satisfy the need of the hospitality market for high-quality staff. Today, you can study at universities of tourism and hotel business all over the world in Switzerland, Spain, China, Australia, the USA, and Canada. Many Swiss hospitality institutes even open additional campuses in other countries to provide students with high-quality higher education in this field (which, by the way, costs a little cheaper).
And so, let’s see which universities can provide good education in the direction of hotel and restaurant management on the example of the world ranking of universities of hospitality, which was compiled by Ceoworld Magazine in 2015. Please note that this rating is unofficial, it is based on a survey of 18,000 senior managers, hotel managers, and HR managers who recruit students from the best universities of hospitality to work in their companies.
By the way, we were pleasantly surprised that the rating included at least 10 universities of hospitality that have signed a cooperation contract with educational agencies. Now students have the opportunity to enroll and study at the most prestigious universities of hotel and restaurant management around the world.
WHERE TO START?
To start the process of enrollment and admission to hospitality institutes, it is enough to leave a request on the educational agency’s website or call their office. They will contact you, answer your questions, help you choose a university and a training program. They will fill out and apply for admission. They will help you write a motivation letter, prepare documents for admission and visa.
The list of documents required for admission includes a bachelor’s degree, work experience in a managerial position, and a certificate of the international English exam. And now, let’s see which universities are included in the ranking of the leaders.
The most prestigious Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World, 2015 – A Selection Of The World’s Best Places To Start A Hospitality Career.
- School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, the University of Nevada at Las Vegas
3. The School of Hospitality Business
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston, USA
- Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management
- Glion Institute of Higher Education – Partner University
- Hotelschool The Hague
11. Oxford School of Hospitality Management, UK
- School of Hotel & Restaurant Management
13. Les Roches Marbella International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland – Partner University
- Ecole Hôtelière de Genève, Switzerland
- College of Human Environmental Sciences
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst – Partner University
- School of Hospitality Management
- School of Hospitality Business Management
- International Hospitality Management School Vatel, France
- School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration
21. César Ritz Colleges, Brig Campus, Switzerland – Partner University
- Johnson & Wales University’s Hospitality College
- Collins College of Hospitality Management
- Center for Hospitality and Sport Management
- Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration
- Kendall College School of Hospitality Management
- Dedman School of Hospitality in Florida
28. College of Merchandising, Hospitality, and Tourism in North Texas
- Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Dietetics & Nutrition Division in Alaska
30. Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) Chennai
- IHTTI School of Hotel Management, Switzerland – Partner University
- University School of Hotel Management
- IMI International Management Institute – Partner University
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS), Australia – Partner University
- European International College (EIC) Abu Dhabi
- Hotel Institute Montreux, Switzerland – Partner University
- BHMS Business and HotelManagement School, Switzerland – Partner University
- School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the University of Surrey – Partner University
- Les Roches Jin Jiang, China – Partner University
- The International Hotel School
Career in the hospitality industry
Studying at Swiss universities of hospitality and other schools of hotel, tourism and restaurant business is quite a serious investment. Investing in education abroad, parents and students want to get certain guarantees that the profession that a student will receive at a foreign university will be in demand, will provide him with a dynamic career and a decent salary. Despite the fact that the hospitality industry is in second place in the world in terms of development dynamics, students still doubt career prospects, limiting this direction to work in a hotel or restaurant.
A career in the hospitality industry requires full dedication and investment of your time. Very often, we, consultants in the field of study abroad, are faced with the fact that students do not understand that the path to the position of hotel manager is quite long. It starts from the lowest positions.
And so, what does a student need for a successful career in the hospitality industry?
First of all, it should be noted that positions in the hospitality industry are divided into three main levels:
Entry Level Positions
Middle Management Positions
Executive Level Positions
Get more information by e-mail
First of all, the student needs to get a higher education in the field of hotel management and work skills in the hospitality industry through professional internships, which are a mandatory and integral part of the curriculum. Graduates of the university, after graduation, can apply for entry level positions.
While working at the initial level positions, young professionals must demonstrate professional competencies, potential for further growth and a desire to develop in the industry. During the internship, university graduates should actively take on additional responsibility to show their interest and begin to shape their future professional career in accordance with their interests and abilities.
Only after a fairly significant period of time, young professionals can apply for the positions of middle managers and subsequently occupy managerial positions at the highest level.
The period of work (number of years) at each stage of professional development depends primarily on the type of business in which the specialist works, his functional responsibilities, opportunities and potential of the market.
After graduation, specialists can choose to work in one of the following areas of hospitality:
* Hotels: hotel chains, boutique hotels, independent hotels, resorts and corporate headquarters
* Travel and tourism: tourist offices, travel agencies, travel operators, railway and airline companies, spa and wellness centers
- Food and Beverages (Food & Beverage): restaurants, bars, distribution companies
* Event management, entertainment industry: golf clubs, theme parks, nightclubs, conference centers, casinos, concert halls, event agencies.
* Other positions: HR, sales, marketing, finance, etc.