Great news if you have a motorcycle, or you just love driving – North Carolina has just been ranked the 2nd best state in America for Summer road trips, according to financial analyst website WalleHub.
Their ‘2018’s Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips’ report compared all 50 states across three key dimensions; costs, safety, and activities, using 22 relevant metrics. Our sister state of South Carolina came in at #22 overall (ranked #1 for the lowest average gas price):
One of North Carolina’s biggest ranking boosts was in the ‘scenic byways’ category where we ranked #1 – the Blue Ridge Parkway and our Outer Banks simply can’t be matched (check out the ‘Backroads of North Carolina Guide‘ to plan the ultimate scenic trip).
Some of our other high marks included;
- 1st – Number of scenic byways
- 24th – Number of Total Attractions
- 9th – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel Room
- 12th – Avg. Gas Prices
- 20th – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 13th – Car Thefts per Capita
- 7th – Access to Scenic Byways
- 20th – Lowest Price of Camping
- 7th – Driving Laws Rating
- 30th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
Do you agree with the rankings?