Now that at least 6 people have died from the coronavirus in the US, fears are increasing about the community spread the CDC has been warning about.
In a statement posted to Twitter, NC Governor Roy Cooper said in part, “we do expect to begin seeing cases of the new corona virus in our state…”
I understand people are anxious and worried, and I want to assure you that the state of North Carolina is taking this seriously. I encourage all North Carolinians to do the same. – RC pic.twitter.com/kCrmK80b0e
— Governor Roy Cooper (@NC_Governor) March 3, 2020
In press conference this morning, the SC Governor told residents that the best form of protection is to wash their hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds at a time, and to wipe down all surfaces that will be touched. He also urged residents to cover their mouths when they sneeze and to stay home if they are feeling sick.
This morning we convened #TeamSC to discuss our preparedness for Coronavirus. There have been zero confirmed cases in South Carolina, but @scdhec has been monitoring the situation and has information on what each of us can do to best protect ourselves and others. pic.twitter.com/NXs7zYTnKg
— Gov. Henry McMaster (@henrymcmaster) March 2, 2020
Additional preventative measures include;
- Using hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol content.
- Boosting your immune system using Organic Oregano Oil, NAC (N-acetyl L-cysteine), Olive Leaf Extract (OLE), Probiotics (especially those containing Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium), and with immunity boosting vitamins, including; zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D3.
- Wearing protective face masks.
- Eat Healthy and balanced meals.
- Exercising more frequently.