NC Waitress Becomes Local Hero After Saving A Toddler From Choking (Video)

620

A North Carolina waitress has just become an instant hero after springing into action to save the life of a 17-month-ld.

According to news station WFMY, Maria Romo was working her Friday night shift at the Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant in Lexington, NC when she noticed a young boy at a nearby table begin to choke on something.

She quickly picked him up and began to perform the heimlich maneuver on him. After a few seconds was able to pop the small chip piece free from the boys throat.

The entire event was capture by a nearby security camera:

A vital reason why everyone should know how to perform the heimlick maneuver, and why more and more restaurants are stocking other forms of anti-chocking devices.

Lexington residents are now calling Maria Romo a local hero.

Comments

comments