Mecklenburg County has just quarantined 4 people for possible Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) exposure after arriving at the Charlotte Douglas Airport from a recent visit to China.
The passengers, who are now considered to be at a medium risk level, were traveling from China’s Hubei Province, the province where the virus is believed to have first originated.
According to health officials, the individuals will be assessed and quarantined during the next 14 days to see if any more 2019-nCoV symptoms develop.
According to the CDC, patients with confirmed 2019-nCoV infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- shortness of breath
CDC believes at this time that symptoms of 2019-nCoV may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 after exposure. This is based on what has been seen previously as the incubation period of MERS viruses.
Some of the best ways to protect against the coronavirus include;
- Wash your hands often with antiviral soap, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are are coughing or sneezing.
- Using NAC (N-acetyl L-cysteine)
- Using probiotics (especially those containing Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteriu