There are many people who have experienced the stress of a house move, and this has become known as one of the most stressful experiences that people go through. However, it doesn’t have to be like that, as there are steps you can take in order to make your home move much easier. If you are planning to move home and you want to reduce stress levels, making sure you do some forward planning can be a huge help.
You will find that there are lots of things to sort out when moving, especially when you take into consideration the finer details such as getting your address changed with the post office and contacting all your suppliers, creditors, and other companies you deal with such as bank and insurance companies. So, making sure you do some forward planning can go a long way toward helping.
Creating Your Checklist
So, what should you add to your checklist in order to make your house move easier? Well, there are various arrangements that need to be made, so you should add the following along with dates by which you need to get them done. This will help to keep you far more organized.
- Arranging your removals company: This is a task that you should aim to do sooner rather than later, as otherwise, you could miss out on the most reputable removals firms. If you are moving in the summer or spring, they can get extremely busy and booked up quickly, so make sure you book as far ahead as possible.
- Booking storage: You may have items that you need to put into storage during the moving process, and if so, you also need to book storage units in Santa Ana. As with removals, you are better to book these well ahead, particularly if you are moving during the peak periods of spring and summer.
- Setting up a PO box: If you won’t be moving directly into your new home or if you want to ensure any stray post is re-directed to you, it is worth setting up a PO Box with the post office on a temporary basis while you get yourself sorted out.
- Ordering packing supplies: You need to make sure you order the right packing supplies and that you order them in plenty of time. This will enable you to start packing on time and means you have one less thing to worry about when you get closer to your move.
- Getting your packing done: The dreaded task of packing can be a nightmare. However, do it a bit at a time, starting with the items you do not use or need to use regularly. You can then leave essentials until last, but at least you will have far less to pack when moving time comes around if you do it in stages.
These tips can help you to enjoy a far less stressful moving experience, and means you can look forward to moving into your new home without the panic beforehand.