Online casinos are all the rage these days, all the more with the current global pandemic that’s keeping many land-based casinos out of work. With so many online options, you’ve probably given it a try. If you did, you know how important it is to find an online casino that caters to your banking needs. Although many casinos do their best to offer a wide range of payment methods, not many succeed. However, one payment option has been consistent through the years — PayPal. What makes this payment method special, and why do so many people rely on it? Let’s dig deeper into the ins and outs of PayPal and determine whether it’s the right fit for you.
What Is PayPal?
PayPal has been active since 1998, maybe not in the form that we know and use today, but its presence on the market has made this payment method top-of-the-line. PayPal acts as an online financial service that allows you to pay for goods and services using a secure internet account. All you need to do is connect your cards to your PayPal account and use it for payments or withdrawals.
Since PayPal works both ways, this payment method is one of online casino players’ favorites. It allows them to make easy and fast deposits and keep the same transaction option for withdrawals, simplifying the entire process. Due to its success, you may even come across a PayPal casino that deals exclusively with this payment method.
Also, since PayPal is connected to your bank account, you can transfer money easily between accounts. It is entirely safe, so you don’t have to worry about your funds getting lost or your data hacked.
What Makes PayPal Stand Out?
As you might know, players look for certain things when choosing their preferred online payment method. Luckily, PayPal excels in all of these areas. To learn more about the criteria most players abide by, keep reading.
- Coverage — Naturally, players look for payment methods that are available in their countries. And since many casino players travel, they also look for a payment method available in most countries worldwide. Luckily, PayPal is a widespread payment option, available in countries like the USA, the UK, most European countries, some African and Latin American countries, etc.
- Availability — PayPal is available in many online casinos, including top-tier sites like Prime Slots UK. It’s unlikely you’ll find a renowned online casino that does not accept PayPal.
- Safety — All players want to ensure that their safety is taken seriously, and PayPal does just that. You can expect high-level security that protects your data and funds. This is where PayPal excels, so you shouldn’t worry too much about it.
- Speed — Almost all casinos process PayPal deposits instantaneously, so your funds will appear in your account ASAP. When it comes to withdrawals, you’ll need to wait a bit longer but typically not longer than 24 hours.
- Fees — You won’t notice a significant difference compared to other payment methods regarding fees. PayPal avoids charging fees for casino deposits, but it might charge a small percentage for casino withdrawals. It’s nothing significant, so it shouldn’t affect your funds.
So, is PayPal the best casino payment option? Given our in-depth research of this payment method and the casinos that accept it, we can conclude that PayPal falls under the crème de la crème of payment methods. It offers everything that a casino player can wish for from a payment method, and it takes excellent care of its users. Ultimately, it all depends on your needs. Nonetheless, if you haven’t given PayPal a chance yet, we highly recommend that you do so and then decide for yourself.