It is always difficult to think of healthy tiffin options to be taken along as meals to the office. Things get even more complicated if you follow a vegan diet.
Sometimes, you might even think of ordering lunch from outside or go and head to a restaurant. However, there are many reasons why you should carry your lunch from home:
- No chances of getting contaminated food or any food-borne illness.
- Having a healthy, homemade meal helps a lot in reducing the number of calories you eat.
- Helps diminish your sugar/junk food cravings in the office by making you feel full for a longer time.
Now, you may think that making vegan lunch can be time-consuming. What if we tell you that is not the case? You can follow some easy recipes to prepare a quick, tasty, healthy meal option for your lunch.
Let’s have a look at some of the easy-to-make vegan recipes you can easily cook and pack for work.
Simple Grain Bowl
Simple grain bowls are easy-to-prepare vegan lunch options as all the ingredients required are available handy in the kitchen. So, use quinoa or rice to make the bowl or go for other options like millet or buckwheat.
How to make:
- Start by steaming your grain of choice.
- Add chopped beans, carrot and broccoli.
- Sprinkle the spice of your choice.
- Pack the mix in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave the bowl for 60-90 seconds at work.
- Stir and enjoy your bowl of health.
You can also consider using other raw vegetables like peppers, olives, onions, and tomatoes in the bowl.
It is a good idea to cook the grains the previous night. It will help in saving your time in the morning.
Bean Salad with Lime Juice
A bowl of salad is the first option that will pop up in anyone’s mind when discussing healthy food. The only drawback of salad is that having it increases hunger.
However, this does not mean that you cannot have salad for lunch. All you need to do is add beans and pita bread to your box to make the lunch more filling.
You would need:
- Chopped lettuce, fresh vegetables and beans of your choice along with a lime wedge.
- Pack them along in a container and sprinkle with some lemon juice, salt and preferred spices.
- Have this salad with pita bread to make your lunch more filling.
- Alternatively, you may use the salad as stuffing between the pita bread slices to enjoy it like a veg sandwich!
Also, the main advantage of adding lime in the salad is that it will replace your need to pack homemade dressing to work. It also provides a fresh, tangy taste to the salad.
Vegetable and Hummus Sandwich
When you think of staple vegan lunches, the thought of vegetable and hummus sandwiches will surely cross your mind. The main advantage of making a sandwich is that you can customize it in many ways based on the vegetable options available.
To add some extra fun to your sandwich, you can consider adding tablespoon cooked beans into the hummus. All you need to do is mash the beans with a fork and sprinkle some spice of your choice or Sriracha to it.
Adding these extra beans will make your meal more filling and provide you with options to include more variety in your lunch.
You would need:
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread.
- 2 Tbsp hummus.
- Freshly chopped vegetables of your choice.
- Pack everything and take it along.
- During lunchtime, spread the hummus on one bread, top it with the veggies, cover it with the other slice of bread and enjoy your meal!
It is always difficult to pack your lunch for work, but it is necessary to maintain good health.
Yes, we talked about skipping the restaurants owing to the unhealthy and non-vegan food options there. But what if you could get a tasty, fresh vegan launch at your disposal?
Future Farm makes it possible. They have a wide range of delicious vegan lunch options that will fill your tummy and satiate your mind. So do check out a nearby Future Farm store once!
So, which vegan lunch recipe did you like the most? Let us know in the comments!