Charlotte, and North Carolina in general, is an all-around strong choice for physician assistants, performing well on all metrics, according to a new study by moving company Spare Foot.
With an above average salary for physician assistants compared to the rest of the country, Charlotte is the largest of the three North Carolinian cities to make the top 10 list.
- Percent share of job listings (rounded): 5.9% (Rank 8th – tie)
- Average annual salary: $103,697 (Rank 5th)
- Median home price: $295,000
- Salary as a percentage of home price: 35.2% (Rank 6th)
- Median annual rent: $14,940
- Rent as a percentage of income: 14.4% (Rank 8th)
Charlotte was ranked #5 on the list, tied with Philidelphia, and came in just below Raleigh at #4 and Durham at #2.
With the number of employed PAs expected to soar 37 percent (or about 40,600 jobs) by the year 2026, we may be seeing this industry continue to thrive in North Carolina for years to come.