With economic growth expected to slow in the short term after a devastating hurricane season, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2017’s Fastest-Growing Cities in America.
To determine where the most rapid local economic growth occurred over a period of seven years, WalletHub’s analysts compared 515 U.S. cities across 15 key metrics. The data set ranges from population growth to college-educated population growth to unemployment rate decrease. In addition, we produced a separate ranking by city size.
Economic Growth in Charlotte (1=Fastest-Growing; 258=Avg.)
- 41st – Population Growth
- 134th – Median Household Income Growth
- 17th – Job Growth
- 125th – Poverty Rate Decrease
- 148th – Regional GDP Growth
- 1st – Growth in Number of Businesses
- 35th – Working-Age Population Growth
- 222nd – Foreclosure Rate Decrease
Charlotte ranks 20th overall and 2nd in terms of large-city growth.
For the full report, you can visit: wallethub.com/edu/