Charlotte-Area Distillery Switching From Whiskey to Hand Sanitizer


In the midst of this historic pandemic, hospitals, grocery stores, and first responder are finding it increasingly difficult to supply hand sanitizer.

One Charlotte-area distillery has now decided to change that reality, at least here in our region.

Statesville-based Southern Distilling Company has announced that they would be switching their focus from making high-profit whiskey to making hand santizer, likely costing them more to make than what they will be selling it for.

According to the company, their small-batch hand sanitizer will contain exactly 80% alcohol, with the remaining 20% consisting of World Health Organization recommended ingredients according to their approved formula

The bottles will be available for commercial purchases only and priority will be given to essential businesses. You can now place orders on their website at, or by phone at 704-978-7175.