The Magento 1 platform ended its support by the end of 2020, which means a complete lack of updates. If this is not yet a reason to go to Magento 2, then it is worth understanding the advantages of such a solution in more detail.
All PROS migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2
Once users become aware of the advantages and benefits of the second platform, they immediately choose it to grow their e-commerce business. But there are 18 key reasons that will also help you figure out what every Magento 2 owner will get. Let’s understand these benefits:
- Simplified verification procedure. It’s simple here: in Magento 1, customers had to complete a six-step checkout form, while in Magento 2 it consists of only two steps. This is a useful change, as statistics show that over 25% of users leave sites with a very complex checkout system.
- Adaptive design. This update allows you to successfully make purchases through both desktop computer equipment and mobile gadgets. And in the second Magento there is a set of functions that increase SEO optimization. For example, fragments on catalog pages are expanded, which allows you to increase search results.
- Php 7 support. Performance is improved when compared to antecedent versions.
- Increased security. Since there are no more updates for the first Magento since 2020, it becomes vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Moving to a second platform allows you to avoid such problems and provide a high level of protection for your business and personal information.
- Improved quality of service. If the client is comfortable on a particular site, he will certainly return to it again. Statistics confirm that online stores that have simplified and expanded payment methods, high performance, technical support, and a simple checkout system are highly popular.
- Simplified extension updates. This solution eliminated a lot of problems that developers faced in Magento 1.
- Ajax adding to cart. Prevents the cart page from reloading each time a new item is added to the cart.
- Database segmentation. Now the database is divided into segments: orders, checks and product information.
- Extended admin panel. Product setup has been simplified with a step-by-step tool for creating products and a function for importing them, which is now many times faster.
- Simplified procedure for loading goods. This is a plus for administrators as their tasks are made easier.
- Smooth setting. A structure is proposed in which all data about a module is included in the directory of the same module.
- Caching. Page load time is minimized with the new ability to store different page elements.
- Effective testing. Developers can now create test cases to ensure that new settings do not negatively affect the overall functionality of the platform.
- Payment gateway integration. Payment methods such as PayPal or Braintree are provided.
- Regular updates. Magento no longer has these features.
- Modern technologies. Implementation of innovative technologies, functions and tools.
- Mobile-friendly interface. Platform support on different types of mobile devices.
To get all these advantages and benefits, you can use magento migration services and quickly migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.