One Charlotte suburb has just been named by finance website 247wallst.com as the richest town in North Carolina – richer than even the small destination towns on the coast and in the mountains.
According to the new report, Davidson, NC, about 10 miles north of Charlotte, is officially the richest town in North Carolina, on a per capita basis.
The report notes that Davidson is “One of only two North Carolina towns where most households earn six-figure incomes,” and “in addition to being the state’s wealthiest town, Davidson is also the best educated.”
The median household income in the sleepy lake town is now $109,907 – over double that of the state at $48,256. Over a quarter of Davidson’s residents are in households earning over $200,000 and 69% of residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to just 29% for North Carolina. The median home value in Davidson is now $393,300 – over double the state’s median home value of $157,100.
- Los Altos Hills, California
- Median household income: $243,701
- Sands Point, New York
- Median household income: $231,667
- Great Falls, Virginia
- Median household income: $230,304
- Travilah, Maryland
- Median household income: $215,688
- Darien, Connecticut
- Median household income: $208,125
- Winnetka, Illinois
- Median household income: $207,857
- The Village of Indian Hill, Ohio
- Median household income: $205,221