A new movie is about to be filmed in Charlotte and the director is now looking for Charlotte area residents to be extras. The new feature film is called “American Animals,” staring Evan Peters, Whitney Goin, and Abigail Dolan. It will be filmed almost entirely in Charlotte from February through March.
“Variety” has reported that “American Animals” will be an “unbelievable but mostly true story” of four young men who mistook their lives for a movie and attempted one of the most audacious heists in U.S. history.
Casting directors for the film are now searching for paid extras of all ages groups and types for the new film.
According to the casting call on Facebook, “the upcoming heist film based on true story, will star actor Evan Peters. Peters is acclaimed for his starring role as the character Quicksilver in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. He has also received critical attention for his recurring lead character across all six seasons of multi-award winning hit television series American Horror Story.”
If you’d like to be considered for the film, the director is asking for the following information:
- Two current photos (one full length and one close-up, can be taken with your cell phone). The photo should show your current hair color, style and hair length as well as any facial hair you may have.
- Name (parent’s name should be included on submissions for minors)
- Cell phone number
- Complete clothing sizes: Men should include jacket, dress shirt, neck and sleeve, casual shirt (T-shirt or polo), pants (waist and inseam) and shoe. Women should include measurements for chest/waist/hips, dress size, shirt, pants and shoe.
- If you have any visible tattoos or piercings
- Vehicle info (color/make/year/model)
- City and state you reside
You can send all the above information to [email protected] with the subject line being your race, gender, age and city/state you reside. (Example: Hispanic male, 40, Charlotte, N.C.)
You can keep up with all of the film’s casting needs on the Tona B. Dahlquist Casting Facebook page.
Please help spread the word!